Introduction to IT Project Management
The subject is built from lectures, seminars, and laboratory classes. You will get 4 ECTS points after you complete it. The final grade is calculated as
0.3 F1 + 0.4 F2 + 0.3 * F3
- F1 - Seminar grade - activity and essay
- F2 - Laboratory grade
- F3 - Test
- Basic notions in project management. Feasibility study.
- Project planning and scheduling techniques
- Time management.
- Project cost estimation techniques
- Project monitoring and tracking. Software quality. Change management. Software Quality Assurance methods and techniques.
- Methodologies of software project management- review (PRINCE2, DSDM, Scrum...)
To access the test use the link (TBA).
The test will be open on June, 28, 2022
The topics undertaken during laboratories will be presented by teachers during the classes.
Topics for essays:
- How important for the project is to write a good charter?
- What is more important - being a leader or manager?
- When and how risk management is beneficial for the project?
- Should we force the project to be as constant as possible?
- What is the role of HR in project management?
- Schedule or not to schedule? The dilemma of the project manager.
- Project management without any formalism. New tendency or laziness?
- You should choose one topic from the list above and elaborate upon it.
- The essay should be at least 8 000 characters long.
- Please submit your essay through the MS Teams assignment.
Some useful resources: